Coffee is a beverage that is extremely popular all over the world. Contains caffeine, a nervous system stimulant. wake up the body animated And improves work efficiency. However, taken coffee with certain medications can cause serious side effects, even death.
Medicines that should not be taken with coffee include:
- Bronchodilators such as Theophylline and Aminophylline These drugs have the same stimulating effects on the heart and nervous system as coffee. If taken together, it may cause the heart to beat faster. Arrhythmia or death
- Cold medicines such as Pseudoephedrine and Ephedrine. These medicines have the same stimulating effects on the nervous system as coffee. If eaten together, it may cause heart palpitations. high blood pressure or death
- Pain relievers such as Dextromethorphan and Codeine. These drugs have a depressant effect on the central nervous system. If taken together with coffee, it can make you very drowsy and cause an accident.
- Antacids such as Alkalinizers: These medicines block the absorption of caffeine. If consumed together with coffee, it may cause the body to receive an overdose of caffeine and cause various side effects such as palpitations, headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Heart medicines such as Digoxin and Warfarin. These medicines may be affected by the caffeine in coffee. For example, Digoxin may decrease its effectiveness and Warfarin may increase the risk of bleeding.
Coffee may also increase the side effects of certain medications, such as antidepressants and antipsychotics. Parkinson’s disease medicine and diabetes medicine
Therefore, if you are taking medicine Always consult a ยูฟ่าเบท doctor or pharmacist before drinking coffee. for safety